- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 small chile peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch strips. Place in a medium bowl with desired marinade, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken and onions until chicken is evenly brown. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, stewed tomatoes, chile peppers, soup and broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and shred when cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, allow skillet mixture to simmer and reduce to about 2 1/4 cups. In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and about 1/4 cup skillet mixture (just enough to make a paste like mixture). Mix together with half the chopped green onions. Pour remaining 2 cups of skillet mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a second skillet, heat cream over low heat, being careful not to boil. Dip tortillas in the warm cream to soften and coat. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Top chicken mixture with half the shredded cheese, and roll up tortillas. Place rolled tortillas in baking dish, seam side down, and drizzle with enchilada sauce. Cover with remaining shredded cheese, and sprinkle remaining chopped green onion over cheese. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Recipe compliments of http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8966/gerrys-chicken-enchiladas/
Angelina Montgomery’s biggest worries were graduating her Master’s degree program and finding time for a social life. The voluptuous brunette crooned sweet love songs to the crowds of the Cowboy Saloon every weekend, but hadn’t been on a date in almost a year. When flowers and gifts started arriving at her door from a secret admirer she was initially flattered. But when her car was broken into that inclination changed to fear.
Retired Army Ranger Luiz Hernandez was one of Omega Team’s top agents. His Cuban heritage and scared visage made him the perfect man to infiltrate South American drug cartels. So why the hell were Grey and Athena sending him to babysit a co-ed with a stalker? He didn’t want the assignment, but he would do his duty.
That duty changed when he set eyes on Angelina, and he had a new mission…capture her heart.
Nothing would stand in the way of a Ranger and his goal. Not age, emotional baggage, and certainly not a mad man hiding in the shadows.
He placed a call to Rico, asking him to pick up supplies at the store on the way to the apartment. Luiz would cook her a special dinner tonight. Angelina had been working on a paper for American Lit all afternoon. He stole up behind her at the computer. A glass of her favorite blackberry merlot in his hand. He had already run a bath for her and lit scented candles all around the bathroom.
He slid the hand with the glass of wine around her shoulder and waved it under her nose. “Look what I have for you, pequeña. You have worked long enough. It’s time for a break.”
She leaned back in her chair, resting her head against his abdomen. “Oh, that looks divine. Thank you.” She reached to take the glass, but he held it out of reach.
“No, you must follow me to get your prize.”
She looked over her shoulder at him. “What are you talking about?”
“Come with me and see,” he said, quirking a finger.
Angelina looked at him quizzically, but took the hand he offered and rose to follow him. He led her to the bathroom and opened the door. She gasped when she saw the room lit only by the soft glow of candle light.
“Oh Luiz, You did this for me?”
He kissed her forehead. “I did. I want you to have a nice long soak and when you get out we will have dinner. I am cooking for you. My abuela’s enchiladas.”
She snuggled against him and lay her head on his chest. “This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you,” she whispered.
“Your robe is hanging on the back of the door. Put it on when you get out. I’ll be waiting.”
“What about Rico?” she asked, looking up at him, her pupils dilated with desire.
“Rico is patrolling the perimeter of the property.”
“Oh really?” she said with a seductive smile. “You could join me in the tub.”
“Don’t tempt me, bonita. I have enchiladas to prepare.” He turned her toward the tub and swatted her tush. “Now go. Take your bath.”
She saluted. “Yes, sir.”
“Oh, baby, you don’t know how hard you make me when you say those words. Damn.” He adjusted himself in his slacks and shook his head. “I’m going now or I won’t be able to leave.”
Luiz turned on his heel and headed for the kitchen. All the while picturing Angelina naked in the silky bath water. It would be a miracle if he didn’t burn the enchiladas. He could probably cook them just from the heat coming off his body.
Luiz searched the drawers and cabinets, finding a lovely lace tablecloth and taper candles to adorn the small kitchen table. He even found linen napkins. He had just put the finishing touches on the table when Angelina swept into the room in a cloud of vanilla and honey scent.
“Perfect timing, my lady,” he said pulling a chair out for her. “I’m ready to pull the enchiladas out of the oven right now. Please be seated.” He kissed her neck as she took her seat. “You smell better than the food. I could eat you up.” He watched the blush crawl up her cheeks as she dipped her head.
“Thank you, but the food smells marvelous.”
“I hope I did my abuela justice,” he teased. Luiz pulled the casserole from the oven and placed it on a trivet in the center of the table. “More wine, pequeña?”
“That would be lovely. Thank you.”
He poured them each a glass and then served the enchiladas. Luiz watched her take the first bite. She closed her eyes and savored the flavor, a look of bliss crossing her face. His dick swelled in his pants when a moan escaped her lips.
“Oh my God, Luiz this is fabulous! I can’t believe you can cook like this. I may just have to keep you.”
His heart swelled at her words and when their eyes met she looked shocked at what she’d said. He, however, stared straight into her eyes. “That might be arranged,” he said, the look of astonishment in her eyes almost made him laugh.