- Hello all! I’m so sorry I’m late with the Recipe Wednesday post! I had a real day yesterday. I went grocery shopping and got my car stuck in my own driveway coming home! Yes, those of you that know where I live (where Jesus lost his sandals.) Know that I live on the top of a HUGE hill with a rock and dirt driveway that is slick as snot on a doorknob when it rains or snows…Well, it was raining yesterday and my wheels spun, I slid backwards and off the driveway and onto a huge bump (mound of dirt) After battling my way out of the thorn-bushes and trekking up the mountain. (because of course I had no cell service at the bottom) I had to call a tow truck to get my car out. Thank God for Gill’s Towing, they know us by name. lol. This is not the first time we’ve had a vehicle towed out in our driveway. It happens about every six months.
- Anyway, I managed not to damage the car, again thank you Jesus! and it was cold enough my groceries survived, because I could have never lugged them up the mountain. I barely made it myself! lol.
- I made this Honey garlic chicken last week and my family loved it! I did change a few things. I used low- sodium soy sauce, I used skin on chicken, and I used leg quarters, not just thighs, and I used ground ginger not fresh, but it tasted fantastic!
- the recipe is from All Recipes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Perdue Boneless Skinless, Chicken Thighs
1 lb For $1.99 – expires in 7 days
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients to list
4 h 20 m
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken thighs just until evenly browned on all sides. Place thighs in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook 4 hours on High. Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken.